Maximize your mobile app sale with this comprehensive checklist of important documentation pieces that need to be in place before you list your app on the market.
Are you ready to sell your mobile app?
Before you put it on the market, it’s essential to have all the right documentation in place to ensure a smooth and successful sale. This can seem like a daunting task, but don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll go through the key pieces of documentation you need to have ready before you start the selling process. From technical and business information to legal and compliance requirements, and market research, we’ll provide a comprehensive checklist to help you position your app for success. Whether you’re a seasoned app developer or just starting out, this post will guide you through the process and help you get the most out of your app sale.
Technical and Business Information
This section provides information on the app itself, including a detailed description of its features and technology, proof of intellectual property ownership, and financial projections. This information is important as it gives potential buyers a clear understanding of what the app is capable of, the technology it is built on, and its potential for revenue.
- Detailed description of the app and its features
- Information on technology, platform, and intellectual property ownership
- Financial projections, development team experience, and scalability information
- Information on privacy, security, and user data protection
- Marketing and promotion plan, performance metrics, and partnerships
Legal and Compliance Information
- Certifications and compliance with industry regulations
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to protect confidential information during negotiations
Customer Service and Support Information
This section provides information on the plan for ongoing maintenance and support, customer service, and compatibility with different devices and operating systems. This information is important as it demonstrates the seller’s commitment to providing ongoing support to the app’s users and shows the potential buyer how they can ensure the app will continue to function smoothly.
- Plan for ongoing maintenance and support
- Plan for handling customer service and support requests
- Information on compatibility with different devices and operating systems
This section includes information on current or potential competitors, pricing and licensing models, and pilot testing. It is important as it provides insight into the app’s place in the market and helps potential buyers understand the competition and how the app differentiates itself.
- Information on current or potential competitors
- Pricing and licensing model
- Information on pilot testing and beta testing conducted
This section provides information on the company behind the app, including its financial stability, management team, and organizational structure. This information is important as it gives potential buyers a clear understanding of the company’s financial stability, who is responsible for the app, and the company’s overall structure. It helps potential buyers assess the company’s ability to provide ongoing support and development for the app.
- Business continuity plan and disaster recovery for the app
- Information about the company’s financial stability, management team, and organizational structure.
We’ve highlighted the importance of having all the necessary documentation in place before selling a mobile app. It provides a comprehensive checklist of all the key pieces of information that need to be included, covering technical and business information, legal and compliance requirements, market research, and company information. This information should be presented in a clear and organized manner, making it easy for potential buyers to understand the value and potential of the app.
We Can Help!
Razor Sharp Consulting can help you with the documentation process, ensuring that all the key pieces of information are included and presented in the most effective way. The cost of writing the documentation will depend on the complexity of the app and the amount of information that needs to be included. However, it’s important to allocate a budget for this process, as having a well-prepared set of documents can significantly increase the chances of a successful app sale. With the help of Razor Sharp Consulting, you can be confident that your app will be positioned for success, and that you’ll get the best return on your investment.